Based in Brooklyn, NY, I write about all things creepy and strange. My book based on the real haunting of Doris Bither (The Entity 1982 movie) will be released soon. Got a question? Drop me a line.

batesTodd M. Bates investigates haunted Schoolhouse

Fate Magazine has an article about a possible haunted building/shack that used to be an old Quaker schoolhouse.
Capturing EVPs of a little girl moaning, and some children singing “Joy to the World” the investigation ended with them capturing 4 minutes of a floating bright orb.

I was not able to find the evidence online, so if anyone has a link, you know what to do.

Our initial investigation of the Old Quaker Lane Schoolhouse in Annapolis began June 3, 2002, and we have conducted ongoing investigations at this location since then. We have had many encounters here, with several witnesses to back them up along with physical evidence including photos, videos, and electronic voice phenomena (EVP). Before sharing our experiences, here’s a brief history of the school.

The Old Quaker Lane Schoolhouse was in full operation until 1944, when it was sold to a local landowner who permanently closed it. The school had instructed children from grades one to eight and had been operated by only one teacher. There was no electricity or heat (other than an old wood stove) until the early 1940s. The building is very small and is now being used as a storage area for the landowner. It was set up like a lot of other schools of this time, with a large woodshed, well pump, boys’ and girls’ outhouses, and a large playing area.

EVP Recorded

Since our first investigation of the school in the late spring and early summer of 2002, we have compiled many true stories and different forms of evidence of the paranormal. We instantly fell in love with this little school, and we visited it at least four times a week in the late evening hours. On our first few visits, we stayed outside of the school to let the spirits in the area become familiar with us. We set up the video camera in the west window that focused on the center of the school as well as the teacher’s podium.

At first we didn’t speak to the spirits in order to let them “feel us out” and sense that we were not there to harm them. We also took some photos for our records and found them to be quite interesting. After a little wait, we began to speak with them and told them our intentions. We asked if they would mind communicating with us as well as let us photograph them.

We stayed on this first investigation about four hours and then left so we could analyze the evidence that we had gathered. Upon viewing the videotape later on, we heard very clear moans that appeared to be coming from a small female child. The moans turned into words saying, “Mom.” The child spoke as if she had lost her mother and didn’t know who to turn to. We also captured the sounds of children singing “Joy to the World.”

We returned to the school two nights later with our recording equipment. We set up the camera once again in the west window while we went to the other side of the school to try and capture some EVP.

We arrived at the old well pump and set up our equipment. We explained to the spirits once again why we were at this location and what we intended to accomplish by communicating with them. We set up the recorder by the old well and let it record while we went to the other side of the building.

We later learned that a man and small child had been killed in this well a long time ago. The EVP we captured from this area was a very clear “Help.” It sounds as if it came from inside the well. This really increased our interest in this location, and we found more history and background of the area.

Our second major investigation was a lot more personal and really got our attention. We were waiting for the land owner to clean a few things out of the schoolhouse before we went inside, so we continued to film from outside the west side window. While filming the inside of the building, a very bright and perfectly round orb came out from behind some stacked wood. I immediately focused on this ball of light as it slowly traveled right in front of the camcorder. This was recorded in complete darkness using night vision, and the ball of light was visible for over four minutes. I attempted to communicate with the anomaly, but no response was given and the object eventually disappeared into the ceiling.

Full source: Fate Magazine