It was inevitable. The UK’s Ministry Of Defense has declared (once and for all) that they will stop all funding for UFO investigations and instead allocate that money to national defense projects.
In recent news, the head of UK Air Traffic Control had briefly mentioned in a radio interview that in the UK, at least one unidentified objected is tracked flying through their monitored air space. Just a few days ago, the MOD publicly declared the ceasing of their involvement in such otherworldy matters.
Full source: TodayOnline
LONDON – It is official at last: Britain is not at risk from unidentified flying objects.
Those who have long feared an invasion from Mars or further afield can relax – at least, that is, if they believe the Ministry of Defence.
An end has been ordered to all official investigations of Unidentified Flying Objects, or UFOs, after the ministry ruled they do not pose a threat to the nation’s security.
It comes as the head of UK Air Traffic Control admitted the country is visited by around one unidentified flying object a month.
Asked on BBC Radio 4′s Today programme about the existence of UFOs, Mr Deakin confirmed they were still being seen by his staff.
He said: “Occasionally there are objects identified that do not conform to normal traffic patterns. It does not occupy a huge amount of my time. There are approximately one a month.”
Yet despite this, the ministry insists it will no longer investigate UFO sightings, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The ruling came after the careful collation over the years of reports of strange lights in the skies, odd noises and apparent close encounters.
The move to end all investigation was disclosed after a dedicated hotline for UFO sightings was discontinued for cost grounds, and the “UFO desk”, which cost £44,000 (S$86,500) a year was also removed.
Now officials say that any UFO investigation would divert valuable resources and instead a sophisticated network of radar infrastructure and anti-ballistic missile systems to monitor British airspace will spot any genuine threat.
An MoD spokesman said: “In over fifty years no UFO report revealed any evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom.
“The MoD had no specific capability for identifying the nature of such sightings and there would be no benefit in such an investigation. Furthermore, responding to reported UFO sightings diverted MOD resources from tasks that were more relevant to defence.”
The abandonment of the UFO hotline and dedicated desk officer in 2009 had already caused concern among those who believe in the phenomena.
Nick Pope, who ran the MoD’s UFO desk from 1991 to 1994 and now researches UFO sightings privately, said: “One of the problems was that an increasing number of the reports the MoD was getting were low quality.
“When someone has a photograph though, that should be considered to be a different situation. The MoD has the personnel and equipment to very quickly analyse an image to tell whether it has been altered and identify what an object might be.
Latest posts by Xavier Ortega (see all)
- The Beauport Poltergeist - August 7, 2015
- ‘Ghosts’ Most Likely to Be Males Who’ve Died Violently - July 29, 2015
- Father Gill: Close Encounter In Papau New Guinea - July 24, 2015
- Strange formation of lights captured in Mexico. UFO? - July 14, 2015