The psychic community is always out there offering up helpful hints about the coming year. Many have published lists so we can check them on their accuracy.
Here is just a sampling.
According to the Bangor Daily News Vicki Monroe has this to offer:
• Congress will reach a compromise to avert the much-discussed fiscal cliff.
Republicans will give more ground than Democrats, she said.
• Congress will deal with gun control.
‘Cause none of that has been in the news for weeks
The Weather Channeler?
• At ease with the snow shovels.
“From what I understand, it is still going to be a milder-than-usual winter, although we will get more of a mixed precipitation,” Monroe said. “The plow people will not like me, but that’s the way it is.”
Well let’s see, most of the world has been experiencing milder winters for about a decade now so she is really going out on a limb there.
• Researchers will make advances linking cancer and stress, she said. They’ll also have news on the drug front.
Is that news? I guess when you looking into a “mirror, mirror” there is always the risk of confusing the past with the future.
And finally, Hollywood
…Something big for Tom Cruise.
“Top Gun II?”
Nope, even bigger.
• Finally, will fans be happy with the new Star Wars movies? Maybe. It’s murky, she said.
“Disney does have a great reputation. They could do these new movies a great deal of justice,” Monroe said. “These will be better [than the last three] — that part they’ll say.”
Tom Cruise is about due for another middle-school girl display about his love life, and probably getting ready to release another desperate attempt movie that makes him seem tough, masculine and straight so we can only hope she is correct on both counts. And really, could a new series of Star Wars movies be worse? If Disney’s version of John Carter is any indication, you bet.
Who’s next? Let’s take a look at Kit Karson’s Astro Predictions posted on Dec 30th for 2013 from Psychic Cosmos
The first quarter of the year seems to feature a lot of smoke and mirrors and precious little substance. Lots of posturing, politically and financially, on a global scale with no real sense of what direction to move in. This uncertainty will be compounded by Saturn, the Great Leveler, going in reverse on February 18, followed five days later by the first Mercury retrograde of the year.
Who’d a thunk it?
And the Weather
Weather related events (and yes, that could mean an unexpected hurricane or two) are likely, especially after June 7 when Neptune goes retrograde. As the planet whose predominant influence is the oceans, Neptune’s impact cannot be overstated. For example, the Gulf Oil Spill of 2010 occurred during a Neptune retrograde. Neptune is also the planet of illusion and escapism. It is important not to mistake “pie in the sky” for an astrological pie in the face.
So hurricanes during hurricane season. I am impressed!
For a little World News
The second and third quarters of the year promise to be the most dynamic, dramatic and, yes, traumatic of the entire twelve month cycle. Beginning with Pluto’s return to a retrograde motion on April 12, will again mark a period of unrest, possibly violent in nature, in various locales around the globe. Greece, Spain and the Middle East are prime candidates however, unlikely locales such as Southeast Asia or even in the southern United States could also be featured.
Unrest!? In the Middle East? Whoa, rein it in there Kit, don’t get too crazy now. And what could possibly be cause for unrest in sunny nice countries with lots of olive oil in their diets like Spain and Greece…except for collapsing economies?
For anyone getting too scared of the foreboding future that these predictions paint I suggest you read no further, for lacking the seer’s art myself I cannot vouch for what may come from our next evaluation. You have been warned!
Here are a few from the Blog Site of Blair, “I predicted Whitney Houston’s Death,” Robertson.
Sports and Entertainment:
– I predict a boxer will be killed in the ring (or die shortly thereafter) within the year.
– I predict a famous boxing legend will pass this year.
– I predict that Rihanna and Chris Brown will get engaged.
Blair really gets bang for his buck in the death department; if he is only half right he gets to claim he was right twice. And Rihanna, well she does make the good choices when it comes to men, I have been hoping those two crazy kids would get together.
From the Political high limbs:
– I predict it will be revealed Vice President Joe Biden has been under medical care for senile dementia. I predicted his ailment back in 2012.
– 2013 will see the passing of a number of former world heads of state as well as their spouses.
– Japan and China tensions will greatly escalate in the spring.
I am running out of things to say here
Weather and the environment?
– I predict another very large earthquake for Japan and subsequent tsunami within 60 days. I pray I am wrong.
– I predict fewer tornadoes for the USA, but those that do hit will be much more devastating in their power. A possible large one for western Ontario in late April.
– I predict generally bad weather for the southeast and a hurricane that makes landfall in Florida this fall.
– I predict unusual levels of volcanic activity around the Pacific Rim, particularly mid 2013.
Two psychics now agree that there will be hurricanes in hurricane season, and one of them might hit Florida. Florida, don’t try to act like you have not been warned! But really, earthquakes and volcanoes on the Pacific Rim? Also referred to as “The Ring of Fire.”
But there is one dire event awaiting us…
– I predict the return of mesh shirts for men.
Its not right I tell you, I have chest hair!
I cannot delve any further into the realms men were not meant to enter.
Beware the future,
Enter at your own risk,
All employees must wash hands after using bathrooms.