Former MoD UFO Desk administrator, Nick Pope, has issued a very accusatory statement. Pope, a person who for years worked for the British Ministry of Defense, is now lashing out and biting the hand that once fed him.
David Clarke, the MoD’s current spokesperson, had recently announced some very disappointing news to Ufologists and believers across the globe. The MoD found no evidence whatsoever of a possible UFO threat to the United Kingdom. That throughout the years of collecting data and photographic evidence, nothing came forward that alluded to the fact that we’re being visited by intelligence life outside our planet. At least nothing that would concern us, civilians.
Nick Pope fired back at Clarke for his statements on the release of the MoD’s last batch of UFO documents, referring to Clarke as an ‘useful idiot’.
WASHINGTON, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — A claim by the British Ministry of Defence that UFOs have no defense significance is “designed solely to keep Parliament, the media and the public off our backs,” according to former MoD UFO Desk administrator Nick Pope.
Pope’s startling statement was in response to the MoD’s release last week of what it says is its final batch of UFO documents. Official MoD spokesmen and one self-styled UFO expert, David Clarke, claim that the MoD found no evidence of a UFO threat to the UK and, therefore, closed its UFO Desk. The subsequent, widely-publicized declassification of its UFO documents—the implication being that nothing remained hidden—was intended to demonstrate the MoD’s public transparency on the UFO issue.
In reality, Pope says, “the UK’s Freedom of Information Act contains wide-ranging exemptions covering areas such as defense, security and intelligence” and the newly-available documents had already been “judged to be unclassified” before their release.
Regarding David Clarke, Pope says, “Some people would probably use the term ‘useful idiot’ to describe his parroting the MoD ‘no defense significance’ sound bite.” –source: Reuters
These types of public disinformation acts occur all the time, and not just in Ufology mind you. It’s well known that governments have remained tight-lipped about the UFO phenomena, they have their reasons. I understand that. What I would like to see is governmental officials coming clean with the public about these UFO sightings and letting us know, once and for all, that we are being visiting by extraterrestrials. Confirmation, not disclosure.
Latest posts by Xavier Ortega (see all)
- The Beauport Poltergeist - August 7, 2015
- ‘Ghosts’ Most Likely to Be Males Who’ve Died Violently - July 29, 2015
- Father Gill: Close Encounter In Papau New Guinea - July 24, 2015
- Strange formation of lights captured in Mexico. UFO? - July 14, 2015