Don’t we all love the tabloid. Here’s courtesy of Daily Mail, a story about three American buddies who were hospitalized shortly after playing a game on the Ouija Board. They suffered vision errors and nausea, and were taken to a local hospital, where the doctors gave them “painkillers”.
Alexandra Huerta, a 22-year-old American, was playing a game with her brother Sergio, 23, and 18-year-old cousin Fernando Cuevas in the Tepotzlan village, San Juan Tlacotenco, south-west Mexico.
This playful game around an Ouija Board soon took a turn for the serious, as she began growling and thrashing like a vile creature. Sergio and Fernando, too, began exhibiting symptoms like blindness, deafness and hallucinations.
The paramedics were called, and they took them to a nearby hospital. The patients had to be restrained, and then given doses of anti-stress medication, pain killers and eye drops, which showed positive signs.
‘They spoke of feeling numbness, double vision, blindness, deafness, hallucinations, muscle spasm and difficulty swallowing.’
Of course, the Daily Mail did some grave-digging research, and came up with a detailed article on what really happened. However, this new article mentioned that Alexandra was 16-year-old, and not 22, which surely spiked my suspicions.
As per this new research, the trio had been committing the session with the consent of their guardians, to contact the spirits of Alexandra’s parents (Alexandra was an orphan). In fact, the guardians advised them to perform a seance.
Purportedly, the three used a drug called Brugsmansia or the Angel’s Trumpet, a “shamanic enhancement drug” popularly used by Mexicans practicing Ouija Board sessions. This drug is basically a poisonous plant found in Latin America, that induces dark hallucinations, confusion, muscle paralysis and can even lead to death in large doses.
What do you think?
An Update: Check out my article on All About Occult for more information.2 comments