It was a few months back that The Erickson Project released a still of what they called a “sleeping Bigfoot” which they named “Matilda”. Of course, that wasn’t enough as many in the field scoffed at the image.
Move forward to mid February of this year and an actual clip was released showing the “sleeping Matilda”. Frankly, this appeared to be nothing more than a large dog or some other representation. One thing is for sure, I wasn’t buying that it was a sleeping Sasquatch.
Video of the “Sleeping Matilda”:
Fast forward to this past weekend and Bigfoot researcher Bill Munn has allegedly gotten his hands on what he feels may just be the face shots of “Matilda”, only Bill is not convinced and I have to say, I was never convinced and this didn’t help make me a believer as Bill points out some glaring issues.
Take a look at these stills along with Bill’s commentary below:
Quote Bill Munn, including his challenge on the Bigfoot Forums:
The source the “creature” images never referred to it as “Matilda”, but the descriptions I have read about “Matilda” seem to fit what is seen here. To me, it is obvious tihs “creature” is simply a Chewbacca mask with the hair reworked to be a different color and texture. I welcome comments from anyone who thinks otherwise.
With this posting, I cordially suggest the following:
1. If anyone wishes to publicly acknowledge that this is their footage, I invite them to do so, and if they are correct, I’ll acknowledge it to be true.
2. If anyone feels the video frames show a real creature and not a Chewbacca mask, I welcome their analysis of why we should consider that to be so.
3. If anyone has seen the “Matilda” footage, I invite you to let us know if this is or is not the footage you call “Matilda”, because maybe what I’m looking at isn’t her, and I welcome being corrected if that is so.
4. If my display of this chart causes anyone to feel that they should file some type of civil action against me, please have your lawyer contact me at email@example.com so we can set an appointment for my receiving the service of papers, and we can discuss the matter on the public record, in a court.
For the record, I will confidently and clearly offer an appraisal of evidence as being something real, if I truly find the evidence leads to that conclusion, and my appraisal of the PGF as being real supports that position. But as much as we must support what we find to be real or valid, we must also reject or discount what we find to be false or fake. Our obligation is to find the truth, and I think it’s time we all knew the truth about this “Matilda” thing. I finally decided it’s time I did my share to get the truth out.
So hopefully, someone who has seen the “Matilda” footage will tell us the truth. Is this her (pictured below), and is she real?
Rumor has it that either NatGeo or Melba Ketchum have purchased the footage from Erickson for the reputed sum of $1,000,000.00.
Now, I don’t know how accurate any of this is, but if these latest stills are any indication, it looks as though someone may be getting taken.
If any of this is even remotely accurate, it’s easy to see why I’m siding with Bill on this one. Then again, who knows for sure? Bill may be looking down the wrong path.
Finally, I appreciate the opportunity that Bill has provided with his analysis and the video stills he’s acquired.
Is this turning into another Todd Standing drama?
For more on this, you can visit Bigfoot Evidence.
Latest posts by Scott McMan (see all)
- The Movie Opens Like This, But….. - April 23, 2014
- Reader Submitted: My Paranormal Night At Fort Mifflin - February 17, 2014
- Dead Bigfoot: Portrait Of A Sociopath? - December 12, 2013
- Creepy Hidden Staircase Leads To Frightening Discovery - November 20, 2013